STRENGTH AND STABILITY:
Strength. Stability. Security. Three of the most important things to look for when choosing a retirement community. Not only the community itself, but also its roots. At The Outlook at Windhaven, those roots run deep.
Strength of Owner
- Forefront Living, parent organization/owner of The Outlook at Windhaven, also operates Presbyterian Village North, Faith Presbyterian Hospice, and The T. Boone Pickens Hospice and Palliative Care Center. Each entity is financially self-supporting within the system.
- 60-Year History: A nonprofit organization with history dating back to the early 1960s with a mission: “To make each moment matter for those we serve.”
- Local Management and Ownership: Forefront Living is based in Dallas, creating a culture of certainty with local management and ownership.
- Seasoned Leadership Team: The Forefront Living executive staff of four is made up of seasoned leaders, who have more than 100 years of combined industry experience.
- Our governing board of trustees is made up of community-based leaders from a variety of industries who ensure we remain true to our mission, and who serve as effective stewards of our resources.
- With values of diversity, integrity, stewardship, and compassion, Forefront Living provides services to people of all faiths, races, genders, colors, religions, national origins, and abilities.
- Responsible and prudent growth has made Forefront Living one of the strongest senior living systems in the region.
- At stabilized occupancy, Resident Entrance Fees will provide cash reserves of approximately $24 million, representing 526 days’ cash on hand and generating income that is 1.43 times the debt service, which will be sufficient to provide for performance of The Outlook’s obligations under the Residency Agreement. See Disclosure Statement for details on The Outlook’s financials.
- The Outlook’s construction is financed through tax-exempt bonds and must meet lenders’ strict occupancy and financial covenants.
- Forefront Living owns the land on which The Outlook is built—Forefront Living purchased 18.25 acres in December 2020 to build The Outlook.
Regulation and Oversight
- The Outlook at Windhaven is regulated by the Texas Department of Insurance to ensure sound operations. We will file our Disclosure Statement annually.
- Reservation Deposits are placed in an escrow account with local Frost Bank and are 100% refundable with interest at any time for any reason.
Peace of Mind
- Forefront Living has never asked a resident to leave who outlived their financial resources due to no fault of their own.
- Residency contract outlines entrance fee refund due to resident/resident’s estate upon re-sale of any like (financial) residence, not upon re-sale of the resident’s specific residence.
- Forefront Living has never failed to pay an entrance fee refund due to a resident. Entrance fee refunds are paid to residents/ residents’ estates in cue order, typically within 30-120 days, after receipt of sufficient funds from the next re-sale(s) of any residence(s).
Experience and strength of Greystone, development consultant to Forefront Living on The Outlook
- Texas-based proven leader in senior living industry with more than 40 years’ experience.
- Responsible for more than 130 senior living community start-ups, redevelopments, and expansions in 46 states, involving more than $7 billion in capital costs. Project budgets have ranged from $10 million to over $300 million.
- Visit greystonecommunities.com to learn more.